What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator?
Essentially, LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a separate tool LinkedIn sells (+$79/monthly after a 30-day free trial) to help sales teams find potential customers in its vast database. You could say it’s kinda like ‘Google for LinkedIn’, but it’s more like ‘Google for LinkedIn, On Steroids (with checkboxes)’ – reducing the workload of selling B2B on LinkedIn by half.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator’s search tool, Lead Builder, allows you to set very specific search criteria with which to build a lead list. (see image)
The top section of Lead Builder allows you to target your searches to …
- Current Company – good when searching very large organizations, when segmenting lead distribution to a sales team, etc.
- Current Title – for those ‘special’ titles that just don’t seem to fit into the traditional CXO box.
- Keywords – excellent to help refine a search down to the granular keyword level (e.g., flight simulators, commercial property, etc).
- Relationship – especially great if you only want to return results for members in your network of connections, or in specific groups.
- Location – especially helpful for countries that don’t use postal codes.
- Postal Code
- Within x miles or kilometers – find people in your own backyard, or within a certain distance of an event you plan to attend.
The middle section of Lead Builder is where it sines. Here, it allows you to target your searches to …
- Function – refining a search to areas within an organization helps to quickly exclude irrelevant results.
- Seniority Level – quickly focus searches on level of authority within the organization.
- Company Size – the only way to query the LinkedIn network by an organization’s size.
Finally, Lead Builder displays the total number of results in the bottom left corner as you check off your search criteria. This helps you determine if your lead list is large enough, or if you need to widen your search to include more LinkedIn members.
Lead Builder is like ‘Google for LinkedIn, On Steroids (with checkboxes)’ – reducing the workload of selling B2B on LinkedIn by half.